TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All T45 Jiujitsu Academy Members and “drop-ins” must comply with these Terms and Conditions. This agreement commences once you have registered on the T45 Jiujitsu Members app. Compliance with these terms and conditions is important to maintain the standards at our Academy and to enable Members to get full enjoyment from their membership.
Any person who does not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be ejected from, or denied access to the Academy, or may have their Membership terminated if the noncompliance is deemed by us to be serious.
As a result of COVID-19 we may, at any time, introduce additional measures to help us remain COVID-19 secure.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- You should conduct yourself in a well-mannered fashion when in or about the Academy, and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of the Academy by any other person. In particular, you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner, nor will harass other Members, drop-ins or Members of Staff. Members, drop-ins and Members of Staff should, at all times, display mutual respect for each other.
- When entering the Academy, Members and drop-ins must check in via the T45 Members app. Do not leave the reception area without checking in.
- No shoes to be worn on the mats, at any time, for any reason, with the sole exception of Olympic Wrestling shoes that have only ever been worn on matted surfaces.
- Sandals/sliders/flip-flops to be worn whenever entering any toilet area. Going barefoot in these areas is strictly forbidden.
- Only one individual is permitted in a toilet at any one time.
- Keep a high standard of personal hygiene for the mats with clipped nails and clean hands and feet.
- You may not train with open sores or rashes under any circumstances. It is notsufficient to cover open sores or rashes. Members of Staff will instruct you not to participate in training in either of these circumstances.
- Blood must be cleaned up and hygienically disposed of immediately using the sanitising products provided.
- Whether it’s full on in preparation for a fight, or a 20% light technical flow roll, respect your training partner by matching their skill and desired intensity. No one learns anything if you go 100% on someone a fraction of your size and experience.
- Training wear must be colourfast and without zips or buttons/studs so that our mats are not dyed, scratched or torn.
- Vest tops are not suitable for training regardless of fabric and are not allowed on the mats
- Training wear must be correct for the class you are attending. For Gi classes please wear a Gi, Belt, Rashvest. For Nogi Classes please wear a Rashvest (long or short sleeve) and shorts/compresion shorts/leggings (leggings/compression shorts are optional for males but must be worn with shorts as per IBJJF uniform rules)
- You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of the Academy. You may not bring intoxicating liquor into, or be drunk in, the Academy.
- Smoking is prohibited in any area of the Academy, including the use of e-cigarettes or similar devices.
- We may terminate your Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry, or eject you, if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Terms and Conditions, your Membership contract (if applicable), or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
Memberships and Drop ins
- Anyone attending classes without a membership pays a €12/session “drop-in” fee to the Member of Staff at reception before the session.
- Your membership starts immediately from the date of sign up.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
- You manage your own account in your T45 Members account. T45 Jiujitsu will not intervene in your account unless instructed by you via written notice, you enter your details and make any amendments to your account. You may also book classes and update your details.
- The membership/class/course fees are collected by credit card/ debit card/ cash on your membership application date. These fees are not refundable under any circumstances other than during the cooling-off period, as detailed below.
- If you join the gym and change your mind, you are entitled to cancel your membership at any time within the period of fourteen (14) days from the date of commencement of your membership by informing by midnight on day 14. Where you have not used the gym, you will be entitled to a full refund of all joining fees and membership fees paid. Where you have used the academy prior to cancellation, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for your gym usage during this period.
- Your second monthly membership fee will be collected one month after you joined
- Your monthly payments will be deducted by the method you choose upon joining (either credit card/ debit card/ cash) You can amend your payment method in the Members app (please change payment details at least 72 hours before your payment is due)
- Subsequent monthly membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter and these monthly payments made are not refundable. If a payment is not received on the due date, once is it is received prior to the cancellation of the membership, it will be backdated to the due date as this date is linked to your membership start date.
- In the event of an invoice being unable to be charged instantly upon invoicing, due to but not limited to insufficient funds or a change of debit/credit card, we do not impose any penalties. You are however obliged to get in contact or respond ASAP to sort out or discuss any issues where they arise, via email or Facebook message to the Academy page.
- If payment is still not resolved 1 month after the initial invoice, in the absence of a waiver granted at the discretion of one of the T45 Jiujitsu Staff, this will count as a cancellation, and may incur charges or penalties as detailed below.
- There is a monthly unlimited membership with a discount for students. Student membership is for anyone holding a valid student ID, or anyone at secondary school. We also extend student membership to anyone who works for the HSE, Police, Fire or Armed Services. Anyone else falls under adult membership.
- Memberships do not include private sessions or consultations.
- Membership is not transferable and must be used only by the registered Member.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy reserves the right to cancel any membership if we view the Member in question to be breaching our Terms and Conditions or behaving in a way which we deem offensive or dangerous. If this is the case, we will cancel the membership and the Member will not be liable to pay the remaining months of his/her contract or any fees normally incurred.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy reserves the right to refuse membership or admittance.
- We believe it is important for Members to have a place where they can communicate in a safe, moderated space. The official T45 Jiujitsu Facebook / instagram and discord are administrated and moderated by T45 Jiujitsu staff members.
- The Academy and/or our Members have set up various group chats as a place for Members to communicate. These will be sign-posted to Members when they sign up. These group chats are community led and self-managed with all contributions from all parties being as members of the community, not as representatives of the Academy. Administrators are not officially appointed by the Academy and do not act in an official capacity. Members should be aware that the group chats are not monitored, moderated or policed in any way by T45 Jiujitsu Academy and that T45 Jiujitsu Academy cannot take responsibility for anything posted therein.
- Members of Staff should not be contacted personally over social media regarding any matters at T45 Jiujitsu Academy. Any response from Members of Staff that does not come directly from firstname.lastname@example.org may not reflect the actual stance of T45 Jiujitsu Academy.
- Our coaches will from time to time take photographs or videos of our classes. Files are kept on encrypted cloud storage, where only our staff have access. If, however, you do not wish you or your child to be photographed then you can make this known at any point of your Membership. If you wish to withdraw consent at any point then just let any Member of Staff know, or inform our safeguarding officer, Laura Power.
- By default, as a Member/ Drop in / Parent of a Member of the gym you consent to you or your child/ward being occasionally photographed or videoed during a training session or social/competitive outings by one of our DBS certified staff. Furthermore, you consent to photographs/videos/materials/likenesses being used by the gym in promotional materials and social media posts
- If you do not wish to have yourself or your child photographed during a training session or social/competitive outing then it is up to you to make this known, and we will strive to avoid catching you/them on photo or video.
- We will not use children’s names in publicly displayed photograph captions without express consent. This will also apply to other potentially identifying data such as school uniforms.
- If you do not wish to have you or your child’s likeness used for social media, promotional, or other purposes by the Academy then it is up to you to make this known, and we will avoid posting said likeness to social media, using it for advertisement or any other use you may object to
- If any images of you or your child/ward are used on social media by T45 Jiujitsu Academy, or for advertising and promotional purpose, if you request it then we will remove or stop using said images.
- Pictures taken are available via email if requested.
- There is ample, free parking in the business park the Academy is located in. Where possible use the spaces in front of the academy or to the side, try not to use spaces listed for other businesses. T45 Jiujitsu Academy does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen or damaged property or vehicles.
- Memberships can be cancelled or altered by either email (email@example.com), Facebook message to the Academy page, or by requesting from one of the Members of Staff in person. We strive to enact any requests as fast as possible, but as we are only a very small team this can sometimes take up to 5 working days. For this reason, please try and request any changes as early as possible before your next billing date.
- Student and Adult unlimited memberships can be cancelled at any time.
- Refusal or inability to pay membership will result in being limited to only “drop-ins”.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy reserves the right to change the timetable of classes or instructors without prior notification.
- While T45 Jiujitsu Academy will strive to create as safe an environment as possible, you accept that a risk, no matter how small, always exists when doing any form of exercise, which could conceivably lead to injury, illness or even fatality.
- You accept than when training martial arts, especially with a live rolling or sparring element, bumps, bruises, scrapes, scratches and soreness are commonplace, and most learners will experience minor injuries from time to time.
- You accept that intermediate injuries may also be encountered including sprains, strains, twists, cramps, cuts and injuries of a similar magnitude.
- You accept the more infrequent possibility of serious injury such as fractured bones, broken bones, and torn ligaments, though most students should not encounter these.
- You accept that no matter how remote, there exists an extremely minor risk of death or crippling.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy, our Staff, agents and subcontractors shall not be held responsible in the event of any injury, accident, illness or death which may result.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy strongly advises that you pay attention to uncomfortable or painful sensations as a result of any injury, obtained on or off the mats, and avoid training through them, especially in the instance of acute pain. If problems from an injury persist we strongly advise you see a doctor or relevant medical professional.
- T45 Jiujitsu Academy strongly advises you to take out personal insurance to cover injuries such as those outlined above. It is your responsibility to ensure that this insurance is adequate for your own personal needs (i.e. to cover inability to work).
Membership Agreement Declaration
Before starting any physical training program, it is important to ensure that you are fit and healthy to do so. Please read the following questions carefully and answer each one honestly.
- Has your doctor advised you not to do any physical exercise or training?
- Are you pregnant or post–natal?
- Do you suffer from asthma or breathing difficulties?
- Are you taking any medication?
- Do you suffer from diabetes or epilepsy?
- Do you suffer from an allergy?
- Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition and should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you ever feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
If you answered yes to one or more questions or are concerned about your health, consult a physician before continuing with your T45 Jiujitsu membership. You should ask for a medical clearance along with information about specific exercise limitations you may have. In most cases, you will still be able to do any type of activity you want as long as you adhere to some guidelines, or provide our Members of Staff with relevant information. In continuing with your T45 Jiujitsu Academy membership, you acknowledge that you answered no to all of the above questions, or have medical clearance to continue.